Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I import from Fidelity Investments if I have two factor authentication for my log in?

I have a two factor authentication for my log in to Fidelity Investments.  I can't seem to be able to have TurboTax log in to Fidelity so that it can import my data.  How can I resolve this problem??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I import from Fidelity Investments if I have two factor authentication for my log in?

You will need to disable two-step verification to be able to import your 1099 into TurboTax using your financial institution credentials.

See the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5603584

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You will need to disable two-step verification to be able to import your 1099 into TurboTax using your financial institution credentials.

See the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5603584

JJvw
Level 1

I ran into the same issue when I was preparing my brother-in-law and my sister's taxes.  He had a two-step verification  and I was unable to import his information from Edward Jones.   He said he called his advisor at Edward Jones and they had to call the corporate office to find out how.  Good Grief.   They ended up giving him directions but they were wrong.  He was able to share his information with me via email, and I just had to request a code.  Well, what I downloaded was the same 1099-Div and 1099-INT I already had, but they were in PDF, excel, and import files for excel (.csv) files.   I really did not want to type all that information from 4 separate accounts myself.  Then they told him to disable the two-step verification, but he had no idea how to do it (after-thought, I could of logged into mine and gave him directions.  Last resort, since I already had his login information, I logged into his account and selected Edward Jones to send him a code via his cell.  Once he gave me his code, I selected the button to remember this computer.  I quickly switched to TurboTax  to was able to easily import his data.  I then exited his account and suggested him to change his password, since I have no business seeing his account.    Now unless you trust the person, I would not advise giving someone access to your account, but I have been doing their taxes for years.  

Long story, but if you are trying to import the data yourself on your own computer, you can follow the steps below:

• Login to your account and request your code. 
  • Once you get the code and enter it, make sure you click the button to recognize your computer / device before you press enter.   You can stay logged in to make sure your import works.
  • Go back into TurboTax and import from Edward Jones with just your ID as password.   

This way you do not have to disable and later re-enable the two-step authentication / verification

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies