I use my parents address for my drivers license, credit cards, etc but actually live in the neighboring county. Which address should I use for tax purposes?

Use the address at which you would like the IRS to contact you or to send a refund.

You should probably use your parent's address, if that is the same address that is on your license. If the IRS or state needs to verify your ID it's best if everything matches up. Keep in mind that if for any reason you have a refund and a paper check needs to be mailed out it will go to that address as well.

If you don't receive mail at your parent's address, the post office may not deliver a refund check to that address with your name on it.