turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't have a Schedule 3, Nonrefundable Credits, but it's saying I do. what did I accidentally type in to have this and how do I remove it. If i can't i'll use another

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I don't have a Schedule 3, Nonrefundable Credits, but it's saying I do. what did I accidentally type in to have this and how do I remove it. If i can't i'll use another

Here's how to look at Schedule 3 to see what credits it is giving you.   And watch for a longer answer below that will tell you some options on how to still file for free and keep the credits.

While your return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
Then at the Tools screen click on "View Tax Summary."
At the Tax Summary screen go back to the left menu column and click "Preview My 1040."
That will open the 1040 Worksheet.
You can view the 1040, then scroll down to the schedules below it and find Schedule 3.
It should show you the non-refundable credits you qualify to receive.

thanks i'll take a look

it's completely empty other than line 55.c. so why am I required to upgrade to TT-Premium?

So there's nothing on Line 55 itself or any other line in Schedule 3 (lines 48-55)?  Is there anything on 55b and 55c?

Anything on Schedule 3 requires an upgrade to Deluxe.  Why are you mentioning something called "Premium?"
There is not a product edition called "Premium".   Did you mean "Premier?"  A Schedule 3 does not require Premier.    

"Premium Services" is an add-on bundle for California filers who choose to pay their TurboTax fees out of their Federal refund.  It has a service fee of 44.99.

You're welcome.  You can file for free using the other free product I mentioned below, if you meet one of the qualifications.  i.e., TurboTax Free File Program.

meant Deluxe not Premium, thanks for your help

You're welcome.  Good luck.

deleted post

Because of new changes in the tax laws for 2018, there may be some filers who can no longer use regular Free Edition this year.   But there a second free product that you might be able to use, if necessary.  I'll provide more info about it below.

The regular Free Edition is more limited this year due to tax law changes.    If you need any of the new Schedules 1-6, for instance, then you can't use Free Edition.    You can read about the new schedules at the link below.  If you click the "more info" link there, it will show you what each schedule looks like.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4511015-what-are-the-new-schedules

Here are some common things that cannot be handled by the regular Free Edition:

Itemized deductions
     Business or 1099-MISC income
     Sales of stocks/mutual funds/bonds
     Rental property income
     Foreign Earned Income
     HSA
     Credits, deductions and income reported on the new schedules 1–6, such as the Student Loan Interest Deduction

TurboTax has another free product called the TurboTax Free File Program.  It is free for both Federal and State--IF you meet just one of the qualifications.   It can handle all the usual forms without the limitations of regular Free Edition.

See this FAQ to see if you meet one of the qualifications:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900583-what-is-turbotax-free-file-program

The TurboTax Free File Program is located at the link below.  It requires a new User ID from what you are currently using for Free Edition since it is a different website, and the IRS requires it to be disconnected from the TurboTax commercial products.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/

If you decide to switch, here's how.  Note you will need a new User ID, different than Online TurboTax.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2026912-how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-free-file-program
Jimboz28

So because I received a $4 credit I have to pay $60 to file?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies