Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

victoryannuzzi
Returning Member

How do I import 2015 into 2016 on the software on my computer? I have already started 2016 return and can't get to the import page..

filed a 2016 extension, now when going back into TurboTax on computer, all the business deduction info entered for the extension is not there.  nor can I import 2015 information.  how do I find previously entered info, or at the least import 2015 business info?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How do I import 2015 into 2016 on the software on my computer? I have already started 2016 return and can't get to the import page..

You must import 2015 into 2016 at the very beginning before you do anything else.  If you try to import after you start, you will lose anything you have entered.  You cannot choose to import only selected information as you go.  You can start a new return over, and this time, import at the beginning.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

TT calls it Transfer.  Import refers to an external source, such as a bank or broker.
victoryannuzzi
Returning Member

Ok thanks. How do I transfer??

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies