turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am having trouble entering a Canada zip code from my W2. I worked in Texas but my employers address is a Canada address with zip code V6P 6M9, it is not letting me ent

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MichaelDC

I am having trouble entering a Canada zip code from my W2. I worked in Texas but my employers address is a Canada address with zip code V6P 6M9, it is not letting me ent

If the address that is entered on the copy of the W-2 that you received has an address not in the United States then in the section on the TurboTax form W-2 for employer name is a box labeled Address Type.  Click on the dropdown and choose Foreign Address.  You will be able to enter a City, Province, Postal Code and Country.

Is there a address type for employee address too? My address is Indian, and while filing, the website is asking me to fill a state and zip code for my indian address, in the W-2.
pk
Level 15
Level 15

you have a W-2, implying the employer has a US address. Where are you trying to enter an address in India?  Are you back in India  or what?  Are you a US citizen/resident( greencard) / resident for tax purposes or a non-resident alien and if so what visa?
Namaste ji
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies