Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

D-Edg-93

I did not receive a 1099-DIV because my dividends were less than $10, do I still need to report this income?

How can I report it on Turbo Tax without a 1099-DIV?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

I did not receive a 1099-DIV because my dividends were less than $10, do I still need to report this income?

Strictly speaking, you are required to report all of your income on your tax return, even if the amount is immaterial.

You can still enter this income in the 1099-DIV interview, just as if you received a 1099-DIV.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ToddL

Strictly speaking, you are required to report all of your income on your tax return, even if the amount is immaterial.

You can still enter this income in the 1099-DIV interview, just as if you received a 1099-DIV.

How do you report the income though? do you enter it under qualified dividends or total ordinary dividends or both?

How do you report the income though? do you enter it under qualified dividends or total ordinary dividends or both?

Same Question how shall I fill it manually ?
c14davis

We need answers

you enter it as ordinary dividends, if it is a stock dividend, then it is up to you to state if it is a qualified dividend or not.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies