Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mbel3

"You Cannot File Your Return Right Now" message for 2022 tax year using TurboTax Deluxe 2022

I just bought the 2022 TurboTax Deluxe desktop application to file my taxes and am ready to file but it says:

You Cannot File your Return Right now

We Know it's not what you wanted to hear at this point, but you'll need to wait on filing your federal return because the final versions of one or more of the tax forms in your return are not available yet.  This usually happens when the government updates or changes a form during the tax season"

But that tax season is over.  I installed all the updates available and I am still not able to file my return.  Is this an issue with the program or are there actually 2022 tax form being updated that holding up the filing process?  I know I can't efile, it won't even let me print out my forms to mail them in.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

"You Cannot File Your Return Right Now" message for 2022 tax year using TurboTax Deluxe 2022

It is too late to efile a 2022 return with TurboTax.  You will have to print and mail.  When you print there will be a cover sheet with a list of items to include with your return, a reminder to sign the forms, and the address to mail it to.  

It is best practice to use a mailing service that notifies you when the documents are received.

@ taxlady28 wrote:

It is too late to efile a 2022 return with TurboTax.  You will have to print and mail.  When you print there will be a cover sheet with a list of items to include with your return, a reminder to sign the forms, and the address to mail it to.  

It is best practice to use a mailing service that notifies you when the documents are received.

User stated above (see their last sentence) that it also won't even let them print the return for mailing either.  Because it erroneously tells him that some of the forms are not ready.  He also says he has "installed all the updates available."

@ mbel3   I'm just kinda thinking out loud about what I might do in your circumstance if I was not getting the finalized 2022 forms.   I don't know if you are using the Mac or Windows version.   But if you are using Windows, you could try installing a manual update in case something about your previous updates didn't work.   A full manual update will update the Federal.  It won't update state software.

FAQ: Manually Update TurboTax for Windows 

Otherwise, watch the thread to see if anyone else has any other ideas, or if you want to phone TurboTax Support, here's how.   Support hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern), Monday-Friday.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Might also be a good idea to check for, and install any main computer OS updates and reboot.

Waiting or partially installed Windows OS updates are known to block TTX updates.  Reboot even if you don't see any OS updates.  Then try updating TTX again.  (Don't know whether MAC OS updates show the same problem).

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I did not even notice that you cannot print your forms.  Did you buy TurboTax from an authorized distributor?  Sometimes there are unauthorized copies for sale that have software problems.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies