turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot access the "file by mail" option to file a federal return. I have already reviewed the general support questions.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChrisH1

I cannot access the "file by mail" option to file a federal return. I have already reviewed the general support questions.

You cannot efile State if you don't efile Federal. The State filing method must follow the Federal.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Are you choosing to have the TurboTax fees deducted from your refund?  If so, you cannot file by mail.
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
ChrisH1

Did you by chance select "Pay with Refund"? If so you cannot "File by Mail"

Thanks for your responses. I did not choose to pay with refund. The only way I could get my federal file to print was to select to print both state and federal returns, which is unfortunate because I would have preferred to efile my state return.
ChrisH1

You cannot efile State if you don't efile Federal. The State filing method must follow the Federal.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies