Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I bought the turbotax home and business at target, but forgot I don't have a CD drive. is there a way to download it with a code?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MatthewS1

I bought the turbotax home and business at target, but forgot I don't have a CD drive. is there a way to download it with a code?

You can still install TurboTax if you don't have a built-in or external CD drive.

Start by setting up your TurboTax account if you don't already have one with us.

Then, contact us and a Support Representative will push a download into your TurboTax account.

Once that's been done, simply sign in to My Downloads to download your TurboTax software.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MatthewS1

You can still install TurboTax if you don't have a built-in or external CD drive.

Start by setting up your TurboTax account if you don't already have one with us.

Then, contact us and a Support Representative will push a download into your TurboTax account.

Once that's been done, simply sign in to My Downloads to download your TurboTax software.

I bought the Turbotax Premium CD at Target store and didn't realize that my new computer didn't have a CD drive.  Can I download it with a code?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you can. Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for instructions:
I bought the CD, but my computer doesn't have a CD drive

@maryanne1936-1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So do I have to return the CD that I had already purchased?

My old computer is Windows 7 and about  10 years old, had a CD drive.
My new computer is compatible, but does not have a CD drive.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

No. You can use the license code from your purchased CD to download the program. 

See: I bought the CD, but my computer doesn't have a CD drive for more details.

@Michael5200

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies