Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aapitman

I purchased the wrong downloadable 'previous year' software. Can I exchange it for the correct year?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

I purchased the wrong downloadable 'previous year' software. Can I exchange it for the correct year?

You can get a refund for the unwanted program then purchase the one you want ... 

Our Satisfaction Guaranteed (or Guaranteed Easy) policy says that if you're not satisfied with your TurboTax software, you can return it within 60 days of purchase for a full refund (see the Intuit Software End User License Agreement for the fine print, about 2/3 of the way down the page - Section B, Additional Terms and Conditions, point #6).

To submit a refund request online, simply fill out our TurboTax Refund Request Form.

I purchased Mac software ( I didn't know it would not download to my Ipad for 2017). I have a windows laptop.  I need to get a refund and purchase correct software.

You can either call TT support to get that switched  OR   simply return the one you cannot use and  buy the version you need...   

To submit a refund request online, simply fill out our TurboTax Refund Request Form.

You will need to contact TurboTax support for this situation …. choose "billing issues" to get to the right department... 

Go to this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

I unwittingly bought the. "PC" download Turbotax. I had assumed the web is smart enough to know I was running on a Macintosh. Most of time the download software identify the options as  Windows or Macintosh. I feel I was duped by COSTCO and I am having hard time trying to change from Windows to Macintosh. I have already downloaded the "PC" version along with the activation code. Any suggestions?

I think the problem is that all I have is in electronic form and there is no way to return it as if I got it on DVD. I even got email from COSTCO saying I got refund but the pending refund is appeared after a day and I am still charged for the PC version.

I mean the pending refund did not get posted and it disappeared from pending list.

Contact customer support so they can give you the download for Mac.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time daily

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies