turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

emikana

I don't want to pay extra what do I do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
ClarkeB

I don't want to pay extra what do I do?

You can downgrade using the Clear and Start Over feature but bear in mind that the different TurboTax "flavors" handle different tax situations and their associated forms.

For example, if you want to downgrade from Deluxe to Federal Free Edition and you're itemizing (Schedule A), you can clear and start over with the free edition, but once you enter your itemized deductions in the free edition, you'll be asked to upgrade to Deluxe.

Here is a short list of some common tax situations and the online products that now uniquely support them:

If you are looking at TurboTax Federal Free Edition, keep in mind that this version is intended for taxpayers with very simple returns (Form 1040EZ filers with the standard deduction), for example first-time filers and students.

You can view the current fees on your TurboTax account using these steps:

After signing in to (continuing) your online return, select Tools from the My Account drop-down list in the upper right corner.

In the pop-up window, click the My Fees button (image attached) this will give you a breakdown of your charges.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies