Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

snoopy24

Why would you deduct filing fees before people get their refund? This will be the last year I use your service if my bank account is debited. Shame on you Turbo Tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why would you deduct filing fees before people get their refund? This will be the last year I use your service if my bank account is debited. Shame on you Turbo Tax

You are paying for the service (program) so you can FILE your taxes.  This is standard; if you have a human (or other tax preparation program or company) prepare your taxes for you, you STILL have to pay in advance for filing.  Turbo Tax has no way to take money from your refund.

Just for the record, my dad was an accountant 40+ years ago and he was paid when the clients picked up their tax returns to mail in themselves.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You are paying for the service (program) so you can FILE your taxes.  This is standard; if you have a human (or other tax preparation program or company) prepare your taxes for you, you STILL have to pay in advance for filing.  Turbo Tax has no way to take money from your refund.

Just for the record, my dad was an accountant 40+ years ago and he was paid when the clients picked up their tax returns to mail in themselves.

TexasT79
Returning Member

same here. screw these guys

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies