turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I cannot e file because i included a w-2 that has $0 income. The only entry on this w-2 is to report health care cost. Can I omit this w-2 and e-file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
PaulaM
Expert Alumni

I cannot e file because i included a w-2 that has $0 income. The only entry on this w-2 is to report health care cost. Can I omit this w-2 and e-file?

You are correct that you can't efile with a 0 in box 1. You could put $1 in the box and probably efile.

But you don't need to include the W-2 at all if the reported value for health care costs is in box 12 (DD). This is just for informational purposes and doesn't get transferred anywhere on your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
AnshuB
Returning Member

I just efiled by putting $1 in Box 1 of my W2 showing 0 income. It went. I just hope it doesn't create any problem with IRS computer trying to match W2 sent by my employer and my return.

I have the same issue so I'm gonna put it a 1. Thanks for the help.  Hopefully no big deal but what a pain!

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

Entering a "1" is the correct approach and will not create a problem.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies