turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Line 29 - health insurance premium deduction It says "if the insurance plan is for the business". Are the premiums for that family health insurance plan still deductible

My wife and I are both self employed. We have a family health insurance plan but it is not in the company name.  I do not have a health/group insurance plan for my business.  Are the health insurance premiums I am paying for my family still deductible if the plan is not in the company name?  Have they always been?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JMark

Line 29 - health insurance premium deduction It says "if the insurance plan is for the business". Are the premiums for that family health insurance plan still deductible

Yes, health insurance premiums are deductible. The plan does not need to be in the name of the business.

For help entering:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6156808

Thanks.  That's what I seemed to be finding but wanted to confirm.  My tax accountants have not been using this deduction the last several years.  Looks like I might be filing some amended returns.  I appreciate your help
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies