Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Turbo Tax premier for Mac just crashed and got the following errors- see screenshots.

* not sure why it hit a snag?

* not sure what is lldb command and why it needs Xcode?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Turbo Tax premier for Mac just crashed and got the following errors- see screenshots.

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

sruboy

Same with me. This is bs.
DaveR2D2
Returning Member

X-Code is is an Apple developers app installed on your Mac. 

From the understanding that I have by looking it up on Apple's Developers site the app has a debug mode that looks to have been set to debug any app thats being run.

TurboTax is not a big fan of this and throws up the errors you are seeing.

something that may help you is to turn off debugging in X Code.

the following apple support forum thread may assist you.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1965011?tstart=0

gmccart
Returning Member

Having the same problem with TurboTax 2019

Same here started yesterday.  TT updated, ran thru everything, up to E-FILE for my state, entered Credit Card info and submitted.   TT locked up after message to install "lldb" Command Developer Tools.  Tried to restart TT, and it flashed VERIFYING UP TO DATE, then CLOSES.  Checked my Credit Card, it charged me for STATE EFILE, but did not submit the EFILE for FEDERAL and STATE.   Tried to REINSTALL TT from .DMG file. and same thing, it just fails to start.  Installed TT on a different MAC, got to the same point to make payment for EFILE State, and crashed again after "lldb" message.   Waiting for INTUIT support to get back to me.

gmccart
Returning Member

I was able to electronically file my Federal taxes. I was planning on waiting a few days to see if Intuit fixes the problem. Otherwise I may just mail the state.

I can't even get TURBOTAX to start up now, to print them to mail in.  Waiting to see if they fix it.   I have a CASE#.

Plus they charged me 24.99 for filing my STATE but it didn't go thru, so now have to try to figure out how to get my money refunded or them to flip the switch to show I've already paid.   Starting to get frustrated with INTUIT/Turbotax.

gmccart
Returning Member

Yeah, same thing happened to me; turbotax crashed and I was unable to run it.

Here's how I fixed it to submit the Federal only...

1. Make sure you can navigate to the Intuit website where you can re-download turbotax2019. It took me a while to find the site.

2. Uninstall turbotax using the following instructions (this is the site for mac, there is probably a site for pc). Note that you will not be deleting and of the "tax files" you created.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac/00/26050

3. Download and reinstall turbotax.

4. Run and open the "tax files" you previously created.

5. Select to file federal only.

Good luck,

Jerry

Spoke to 2 turbo tax agents....no clue....one told me to call Apple.  My turbo tax software was corrupted and could not launch turbo tax.  This happened when I tried to install lldb message pop up....had to completely remove turbo tax and reinstall in order to be able to access files....

Agent processed refund without me filing out form.....

Forcefully, uninstall turbotax>>Restart Computer>>Reinstall>>Efile Fed>>Get confirmation code from agent for state>>E File state>>Issue resolved.

Hammersniggin
Returning Member

I had Xcode problem installing 2018. I installed developer tools from the prompt. Then, a window popped. It stated turbotax has quit unexpectedly. I ignored the prompt and let developer tools finish installing. Then, forcefully removed home and business from mac. Then, restarted. Then, reinstalled. Issue resolved.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies