Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nemkess
Returning Member

Worked in multiple states for same employer - 1with state income tax, 1without. W-2 only lists the taxed state and puts all the income there. How do I split that?

Basically, the Temp company covers conferences/conventions in multiple states including the two that I worked - WA and NYC.  WA doesn't have state taxes and they don't list it on the W-2 even though half the wages are from there.

Do I add it in the edit W-2 part or do I fill out a separate form to allocate that only half of these wages are NYC wages?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
KarenW
Intuit Alumni

Worked in multiple states for same employer - 1with state income tax, 1without. W-2 only lists the taxed state and puts all the income there. How do I split that?

Which state is your resident state?  There is a screen in Personal information that asked if you earned money in another state. On this screen, select the other state.  Enter the W2 as it is.  Then when you are done with your federal return and go into the state returns, you can make the adjustments there. Decreasing the income by the income you earned in WA.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies