Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Work from home

I am married and only I have a job. How can i take home more money on my paycheck? FL resident

1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

Work from home

Hi SarahJ12, thanks for the question.


Below is the re-designed Form W-4 from tax year 2020 and onwards.

Form W-4 Employee’s Withholding Certificate

You should complete Step 1, check "Married filing jointly" box;

Fill out Step 3 and Step 4 if applicable and sign/date Step 5.


To have less taxes withheld -

  1. Increase the number on line 4(b)
  2. Reduce the number on line 4(a) or 4(c)
  3. Increase the number of dependents.

Caution: if you have too little tax withheld, you will generally owe tax when you file your tax return and may owe a penalty unless you make timely payments of estimated tax. If too much tax is withheld, you will generally be due a refund when you file your tax return.


Hope the above helps.


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings