Won’t let me select free version

Won’t let me select free version

This is the last year I’ll be using TurboTax. Despite not needing it TurboTax would only let me select deluxe and charged me 40.00. I have no deductions that would require the deluxe. Anyone else have that problem? 

Won’t let me select free version

The information that you can enter in Free Edition is pretty limited now.  Thanks to the new tax laws, there are no more simple Form 1040EZ or 1040A's.  Everything goes on a little Form 1040 that has six extra schedules with it, and if you need any of those schedules, you are not able to use the Free Edition.

Before switching to the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax, it’s important to make sure you’re eligible for the product. If you answer yes to any of these question, you qualify:

• Is your adjusted gross income (AGI) $36,000 or less?
  • Were you active duty military in 2019 with an AGI of $69,000 or less?
  • Do you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)?

To switch to IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax:

1. Sign out of your existing TurboTax account.
  2. Go to the IRS Free File delivered by TurboTax website and sign in to your same account from there.
  3. Select Yes, switch to IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax when asked, and Continue.

Won’t let me select free version

I’m using tax act next year