Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ritt53

I cannot e-file my return in Turbo Tax because I continue to receive the message Unexpected Error. How do I UPDATE my Turbo Tax software?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

I cannot e-file my return in Turbo Tax because I continue to receive the message Unexpected Error. How do I UPDATE my Turbo Tax software?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The unexpected error while update may occur  due to various reasons. Can you please follow the following article to download the latest update:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301973

Thank you for using Turbotax. May i know which Platform of Turbotax you are using and also the version

ekczzjs

turbotax Delux
ekczzjs

need to talk to a turbotax tec on the phone

Windows or MAC..? Exactly where you are getting unexpected error ..? i.e.., While Tranmirring the Error or Even before that
ritt53

I am using Turbo Tax Home and Business 2018
ritt53

Windows.  Every time I attempt to update I have gotten the error. I continued without updating Turbo Tax. When I tried to e-file, I was not able to .
ritt53

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!! Your instruction worked! Thank you again!
pablo686

unexpected error when updating turbo tax

MoniqueLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try refreshing your browser and clearing out your cookies. If that does not work, try clearing out your browser's cache. You may also want to try a different browser. 

Please see below for information on how to delete your cookies. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

Please see below for information on how to delete your cache.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

If you would like to contact customer support for additional assistance please see below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies