Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

suprockl

Will TurboTax allow me to access my 2017 forms (filed with TurboTax) w/o charging me $30? I need them to contest a bogus tax assessment from another state. What do I do?

I received a Notice of Tax Assessment from a state I didn't live in during 2017, demanding that I pay an outrageous amount of money based on my federal adjusted gross income. I must contest it. I filed federal and state taxes with TurboTax that year, but TurboTax will not let me view or download my 2017 forms. I am currently on a different device than the one I used to file the forms. How can I access them without being extorted $30 for "Plus benefits" to see my own forms?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Will TurboTax allow me to access my 2017 forms (filed with TurboTax) w/o charging me $30? I need them to contest a bogus tax assessment from another state. What do I do?

How to Access prior year online returns
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

If you can't get the side menus to open up to access the prior year..... You need to start entering some basic Personal Info in 2022 for the side menu to open up. Just continue a little ways into 2022. I had to go though about 12 screens.

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online. So you need to make and keep your own backups.

Or request a transcript from the IRS
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

suprockl

Thanks for the comment. I see my original question didn't have enough detail; my bad! I can select the different years in the Documents menu, but TurboTax only gives me the option to download my 2019 form (the most recent year I filed with this service was 2019). If I try the 2018 or the necessary 2017 tax year, however, that Download button is gone and I get the prompt that I should pay $30 for "pro" features. I have already tried prefilling several sections for my 2022 return, but still no change. Is there any reasonable way for me to access my 2017 forms?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies