turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tiggy413

Will my tax return be dented for entering information without a 1095-A form ?

I have never had to enter in my information mass health before now it’s saying I will get denied if I don’t enter information about a 1095-A form for federal taxes? Can I submit them And still get approved without entering my 1095 A? Just stressing this is new this year! TurboTax has never said stop you can’t proceed without your 1095 a it will get denied by Federal? But it seems the laws have not changed since 2019 thank you!
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

Only if you have a 1095-A on file with a state marketplace.  You can check HealthCare.gov or your state's Marketplace to see if you have a 1095-A.   You only get the 1095-A if you had an Obamacare policy through a state marketplace or healthcare.gov.   If you are not enrolled, you won't get a form and do not have to enter it.   

The best way to find out is to file your tax return and see if it gets accepted or rejected.   If it gets rejected with the code below, review that document to see how to get your return e-filed.   Don't worry if your return gets rejected; you can make changes and submit it again.  And again if necessary.   

How do I fix e-file reject F8962-070?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Does TurboTax actually say "stop you can’t proceed without your 1095 a it will get denied by Federal"? Or are you looking at the screen that says "If you have an Affordable Care Act insurance plan and don't enter your 1095-A, the IRS will reject your tax return for E-File"? If you do not have ACA ("Obamacare") insurance you don't need a 1095-A and you don't get one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies