Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

paulobarbosa17
Returning Member

Will my tax document contain a Department of Revenuecertification stamp and signature once it's finalized?

Thanks everyone that replied I've now figured it out! 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Will my tax document contain a Department of Revenuecertification stamp and signature once it's finalized?

You are preparing, completing and filing your tax return using self-prepared tax preparation software.  There is no certification stamp nor a signature on the tax return if you choose to electronically file the tax return.  Your tax return is verified for electronic filing when you enter your prior year AGI from the 2022 federal tax return, Line 11.

If you efiled, In the PDF of your TurboTax return, the last page of the federal return should be an "electronic postmark" that shows your name, Social Security number, the date and time that you e-filed the return, and the date that the IRS accepted it.

By the way, Are you doing a USA or Canada tax return?

paulobarbosa17
Returning Member

It's an USA tax return, it's my first time doing my own taxes and I wasn't sure if doing via here would provide me with a "Department of Revenue certification stamp and signature" which is what I need on my tax return for personal purposes.

@paulobarbosa17 The way I am reading your request indicates that you need a certified copy of a State Tax return since a Department of Revenue would indicate a state department.  The federal tax return is processed by the IRS and for the federal government there is not a Department of Revenue, just the Internal Revenue Service or the US Treasury.

Since you have never filed a tax return the only way to get a certified copy of the return is to file your current tax return, have the state accept and process the tax return and then you would have to request a certified copy once the state has finished processing your tax return.

Who is or what is requesting a Department of Revenue stamp and signature on your tax return?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@paulobarbosa17 wrote:

It's an USA tax return, it's my first time doing my own taxes and I wasn't sure if doing via here would provide me with a "Department of Revenue certification stamp and signature" which is what I need on my tax return for personal purposes.

Where did you see a reference to a "Department of Revenue certification stamp and signature"? There is no such thing for a federal tax return, and there is no federal Department of Revenue. Many states have a Department of Revenue. Are you asking about a state tax return? If so, what state?

paulobarbosa17
Returning Member

Yes, a state tax return for Colorado, the Colorado DMV requests a "Proof of Colorado income tax return" where the "Document must contain a Department of Revenue certification stamp and signature." ss I am still in the process of getting a SS and have just moved to Colorado.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax cannot give that to you. You have to get a "Proof of Filing Return" from the Colorado Department of Revenue.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies