dracow97

Will my stimulus be in the account updated on my turbotax?

My account on the irs.gov is closed but I received my second stimulus when I changed my account with turbotax, so I was wondering if I would still get it in my updated account?
JotikaT2

If the information entered into TurboTax is your latest banking information and it was used when filing your income tax returns, then the IRS would have this information once the return is filed and accepted by the taxing agencies.

Please see the link below for additional information from the IRS and scroll down to Bank Account Information for more details as to the account used by the IRS when issuing these payments.

Stimulus payments frequently asked questions

Angeltema85

If my account is change is will you guys mail my stimulus 

DawnC

The IRS is the only ones mailing out stimulus checks - we don't receive tax refund or stimulus checks.   However, the IRS is sending out and direct depositing stimulus checks using the information on your last tax return.   If your account has changed, the bank will return the $$ to the IRS and the IRS will mail you a check to the address on file.   If your address has changed, you can get your physical address updated with the IRS using one of the methods found here.   There is not a way to change your bank account information with the IRS other than on a tax return.   @Angeltema85