Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will I have to send these to the IRS and State or will you file them or send me the info so I can send them

am I all set the Fed filing, will you file it for me and I will file state or what happens? Last year you did everything for me, I was just wondering how this works this year, I would like the check send directly to me at my address if possible

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Will I have to send these to the IRS and State or will you file them or send me the info so I can send them

You have to submit your returns, TurboTax does not file your returns for you.   You can choose to receive your refund by check when you go through the final steps to e-file your return. You will have to come back and transmit your returns (Federal and State), TurboTax will let you e-file early but they will just hold your return until the IRS opens their e-file system, you would not be able to get it back or make changes.  You should not e-file the IRS starts accepting returns. 

The IRS is not accepting returns until January 23rd so no rush to file your returns.

-----------------------------------------------------

Beginning in 2017, a new law approved by Congress requires the IRS to hold refunds on tax returns claiming the EITC or the ACTC until mid-February. The IRS must hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC and ACTC — until at least Feb. 15. This change helps ensure that taxpayers get the refund they are owed by giving the agency more time to help detect and prevent fraud.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You have to submit your returns, TurboTax does not file your returns for you.   You can choose to receive your refund by check when you go through the final steps to e-file your return. You will have to come back and transmit your returns (Federal and State), TurboTax will let you e-file early but they will just hold your return until the IRS opens their e-file system, you would not be able to get it back or make changes.  You should not e-file the IRS starts accepting returns. 

The IRS is not accepting returns until January 23rd so no rush to file your returns.

-----------------------------------------------------

Beginning in 2017, a new law approved by Congress requires the IRS to hold refunds on tax returns claiming the EITC or the ACTC until mid-February. The IRS must hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC and ACTC — until at least Feb. 15. This change helps ensure that taxpayers get the refund they are owed by giving the agency more time to help detect and prevent fraud.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies