SweetieJean
Level 15
j_10_10

Why wasn't my my state returns filed

this link is for federal... I need to know why my state taxes where not e-filed
VolvoGirl
Level 15

It shows BOTH.  If it doesn't show state then you didn't finish efiling state.  Log back in and go through the File tab again all the way to the end.
j_10_10

I have gone back through my states returns, but it wants me to add it to my federal return
SweetieJean
Level 15

Did you go all the way through the State return and hit the Submit button?

j_10_10

I think I did. It was months ago, but I paid to have them all submitted by e-filing
macuser_22
Level 15

Paying and filing are two separate things.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
j_10_10

I don't have to pay in.. I was expecting a refund.
VolvoGirl
Level 15

Paying the Turbo Tax fee, not a tax due.  Did you pay the fee to file the state return?  After paying the fee you still had to continue on to the end to file.

The efile lookup page shows both federal and state.  So if it's not showing your state then it didn't get efiled.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/ef...>

When you log into your account does your account say Ready to Mail? Or say Incomplete for state?
j_10_10

I have started going through it all again. But it wants me to join my federal and state together... but I have already received my federal tax return
macuser_22
Level 15

You don't go through it again.  You go to the "File" tab which should show the Federal already filed and the state ready to file.  And yes, the Federal and state are linked together - you cannot e-file a state until the Federal return in the same account has been e-filed and accepted.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
legrair2007

I agree! Something was wrong with their system this year. I have done mine for 10 years straight and went all the way to the end and completed and submitted both. Then got my federal refund within a week and still have not gotten my state which is weird. So i logged back into turbo tax and it showed never submitted! So i had to do it again, which sucked! So i am right there with you on the concern.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v