Why was my tax return sent to a bank account when I wanted a credit card mailed to me?

When I did my taxes with Turbo tax I requested my refund be sent on a card via mail.  I did not give any bank account information and the IRS is saying my refund was deposited into my bank account, which I do not have.

If you are seeing on the IRS site that the refund went to a bank account that is because your card has a routing and account number just like a bank account does.  The IRS uses the generic term "bank account" for that.