Angelica10

Why this year turbo tax does not let me file by saying that "I can not file my return because irs is still working on certain forms, assumingly 14093?

it is the form 14093 that does not allow me to efile while other yrs i was able to do it

macuser_22

Form 14039 is scheduled for the Feb 25 update but cannot be efiled - paper file only.

See this IRS article:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/when-to-file-a-form-14039-identity-theft-affidavit

quote

A fillable Form 14039 PDF is available on IRS.gov. It can be completed online, printed and attached to a paper tax return for mailing to the IRS. Or, taxpayers may complete the form online at the Federal Trade Commission and FTC will electronically transfer the Form 14039 – but not the tax return – to the IRS.

macuser_22

See this IRS article:

quote

Angelica10

Thank you for your answer. In past yrs I was able to efile and mail the 14093 to Irs. Has anything changed?

Angelica10

Has anything change this year regarding e filing my returns  and sending  form 14093 by mail to IRS? In the past yrs I was able to efile and mail form 14093 to IRS. In 2014 i was a victim of ID theft. Each yr IRS sends me the letter CP01A which includes the IP PIN 

macuser_22

As far as I know that form is only sent to the IRS ONE time and the IRS then automatically issue a IPPIN each year thereafter with a letter.

Read the IRS link I posted for instructions.