turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why this year turbo tax does not let me file by saying that "I can not file my return because irs is still working on certain forms, assumingly 14093?

it is the form 14093 that does not allow me to efile while other yrs i was able to do it
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why this year turbo tax does not let me file by saying that "I can not file my return because irs is still working on certain forms, assumingly 14093?

Form 14039 is scheduled for the Feb 25 update but cannot be efiled - paper file only.

See this IRS article:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/when-to-file-a-form-14039-identity-theft-affidavit

A fillable Form 14039 PDF is available on IRS.gov. It can be completed online, printed and attached to a paper tax return for mailing to the IRS. Or, taxpayers may complete the form online at the Federal Trade Commission and FTC will electronically transfer the Form 14039 – but not the tax return – to the IRS.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Form 14039 is scheduled for the Feb 25 update but cannot be efiled - paper file only.

See this IRS article:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/when-to-file-a-form-14039-identity-theft-affidavit

A fillable Form 14039 PDF is available on IRS.gov. It can be completed online, printed and attached to a paper tax return for mailing to the IRS. Or, taxpayers may complete the form online at the Federal Trade Commission and FTC will electronically transfer the Form 14039 – but not the tax return – to the IRS.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thank you for your answer. In past yrs I was able to efile and mail the 14093 to Irs. Has anything changed?

Has anything change this year regarding e filing my returns  and sending  form 14093 by mail to IRS? In the past yrs I was able to efile and mail form 14093 to IRS. In 2014 i was a victim of ID theft. Each yr IRS sends me the letter CP01A which includes the IP PIN 

As far as I know that form is only sent to the IRS ONE time and the IRS then automatically issue a IPPIN each year thereafter with a letter.

Read the IRS link I posted for instructions.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies