dpbjr052000

Why is my final refund amount different from my federal and state amounts when I am filing for free?

LinaJ2020

Without seeing your return, it is hard to say.  You might need to have somebody looks over your returns.  

I would suggest you consider our new product / features TurboTaxLive to file your 2019 taxes.  This way you could have one of our tax professionals to review your tax forms. 

To do so, in the TurboTax program, once you complete your taxes, before you file, you’ll be given the option for a final review of your return by one of our tax professionals.  After they completed reviewing your return, they’ll inform you of any proposed changes.

Here are the instructions:

dpbjr052000

I do not need to get a more expensive product.  This issue is not dealing with a tax issue.  It gives me my refund amounts and when I go to file, it takes a fee of $500 =/- from the total refund.  I am filing under $0 fee.  Why is this happening.   You are charging for a simple form.  I would like to file with you but not worth $500.

There are no fees anywhere near 500.   Do you owe for federal or state?  At the end Turbo Tax shows you a summary of the net combined federal and state. But that is only for your info. You will still get the full amount and need to pay any tax due separately yourself. 

dpbjr052000

My total refund is for $1000 combined state and federal.  When I go to file it reduced it to $445.  I do not have to pay.