Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

asp1988$
Returning Member

Why is it saying thanks for your payment but order status is saying payment pending for two days now?

The irs still says processing but then how does turbo tax get paid and also my state already went threw last Wednesday just not my federal it don't make any sense to me
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why is it saying thanks for your payment but order status is saying payment pending for two days now?

When you signed up for Pay with Refund, you agreed to let TT takes its fees if your refund was delayed beyond a certain point, so that is apparently  what happened.  But TT notifies you first.

asp1988$
Returning Member

It's saying payment completed now but it's weird because when I checked the irs website it's saying processing still I don't understand why it says processing but tt says payment completed if I was paying for the fees threw the refund
SamS1
Expert Alumni

Your fee payment will be taken from your refund, after your refund processes.  Your refund is sent to a third party to process the fee payment then the balance is direct deposited to your deposit account on file with TurboTax.  If there is a probably with your refund, TurboTax will send you a letter indicating they are taking the fees from your deposit account on file.  This will not happen if your return is still processing with the IRS, and only if your refund is not enough to cover your TurboTax fees.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies