Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why doesn't the program help fill in the Local/City tax forms? They have done it before? Will I get my state refund before I file the City/Local forms?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why doesn't the program help fill in the Local/City tax forms? They have done it before? Will I get my state refund before I file the City/Local forms?

Thank you .  I had found that page before, and found it again.  My city and state are on the list, but I can't figure out how to 'get there'.  I had printed out my City forms through the City website and I am having a problem getting the right info in the correct spaces on the form.  I have been spoiled by doing my taxes thru Intuit Turbo Tax for so many years, that the 'finer' details have escaped in a fog.  How do I get to my City?  Is there something at the end of my Fed or State return that I should have clicked and didn't see?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

If you lived in Ohio, NYC or Yonkers and a few cities in Michigan, then TurboTax will fill in your local/City tax forms. Attached is a list of Cities TurboTax will help you file.  Pay attention to the instructions if you are in one of these areas and fill out your forms through TurboTax as some need to be printed and mailed.

It is impossible to tell you when you will get your state refund, but you will still need to file the City/Local taxes before the April 18th deadline, even if you do not get your state refund prior. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you .  I had found that page before, and found it again.  My city and state are on the list, but I can't figure out how to 'get there'.  I had printed out my City forms through the City website and I am having a problem getting the right info in the correct spaces on the form.  I have been spoiled by doing my taxes thru Intuit Turbo Tax for so many years, that the 'finer' details have escaped in a fog.  How do I get to my City?  Is there something at the end of my Fed or State return that I should have clicked and didn't see?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies