Why does Turbo Tax not prompt you for account info...

turtletax1999

Why does Turbo Tax not prompt you for account information for tax refund?

For the second year straight, I get ready to mail my return in and notice my account information is x'd out.  Turbo Tax does not reuse last year's information and never prompts you for the account information.  I am required to enter the information manually. 

JotikaT2

You can see your direct deposit information by viewing your PDF copy using the steps in the link below. 

How to view direct deposit information after filing

If you have not filed your return yet, you will enter this information in the File section of the program.

Where to enter direct deposit information

turtletax1999

Thank you for replying, however, I really wish those who answer questions read the questions.  Your answer provided an answer for those who e-file.  If you read my question, I am mailing in my return.  Turbo Tax does not seem to retain account information from previous years filing and does not print the information when saving a pdf for filing.

CatinaT1

The information provided is applicable regardless of whether you e-file or paper file.  Since bank accounts can change frequently, TurboTax does not autofill this information from previous years.

turtletax1999

I went through the entire process to paper file.  I was never prompted for my account info.  If I am understanding you correctly, those who go through the entire process to e-file are never prompted to enter their account info either.  This makes no sense to me.  I feel the program should always prompt you for your account info if getting a refund.