Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'm trying to do my tax return with my pay stub but don't know where in the site i have to put my federal tax and ss tax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'm trying to do my tax return with my pay stub but don't know where in the site i have to put my federal tax and ss tax

Why do you think that you can file a Federal tax return that is being sent to the IRS with the information for a paystub?  The IRS does not have a copy of any of your paystubs.  They have the W-2 that is sent by employers and matches that data to your tax return.  The paystub in most all instances will not have the same tax data as is on your W-2.

Wait for your W-2.  Employers have until January 31 to provide W-2's.  The IRS is not accepting 2016 tax returns until January 23.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Why do you think that you can file a Federal tax return that is being sent to the IRS with the information for a paystub?  The IRS does not have a copy of any of your paystubs.  They have the W-2 that is sent by employers and matches that data to your tax return.  The paystub in most all instances will not have the same tax data as is on your W-2.

Wait for your W-2.  Employers have until January 31 to provide W-2's.  The IRS is not accepting 2016 tax returns until January 23.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies