turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why do I owe $50 , I thought this turbo tax was free

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Your post says you're using TT Deluxe online, which is not free. Somewhere along the way they got you to respond that you wanted to switch products! And it's not easy to get back to free once you've "crossed the line" no matter how sneaky it was.

The good news, though, is if you have a simple return, it's not that hard to start over.

No you are posting from online Deluxe Live.  The "free" version of Live that you can use if you file by 2-15 is online Live Basic.   

CLEAR AND START OVER

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2586254-how-do-i-clear-and-start-over

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Free Edition is free only for simple returns that file a 1040 with no additional schedules, and is free as long as you don't select any add-ons or upgrades.  Click here: FREE

It is free allowing you to use our program with the navigation interview process to see what your tax refund or tax due would look like.  TurboTax is also up-to-date with the latest tax laws including the TCJA and CARE Act so you can be confident your taxes will be done right.  Once you decide to file with us, you need to pay.  The price is based on which products you are chosen after entering your information. 

If you are looking for a complete free filing, you might want to consider another option.  It's called the TaxFreedom which is an IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax.  It is exclusively available online and has its own dedicated website at taxfreedom.com

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies