clairissa1976

Why do I have 3 locality names?

AmyC

Why do I have 3 locality names?

If you have a job where you work in more than one location, you get more localities on your W2.  I would bet you worked in 3 different locations. If you feel your W2 is incorrect, you should contact your Human Resources department.

To add the multiple localities, be sure to click on the ADD ANOTHER ROW under all the state information.

hartenga

Why do I have 3 locality names?

What do you do if the locality name says Total Local and does not name a locality? I also have a second one that says total local under the locality name and then nothing under state?

AmyC

Why do I have 3 locality names?

If you work in a lot of cities, sometimes the employer will give you a sheet with all of the cities and the amounts because they will not fit on a W2.  If you do not know which cities you worked in and those amounts, contact your employer. Your employer can provide you with the correct information. Once you have the correct information, you can add it in.

If your state box is blank, it usually means you worked in a state without tax. Unless, the second W2 is the same as the first for federal and state wages. Then, the only purpose is the additional cities.

It is also possible that your W2 was issued incorrectly. Sometimes that happens as well. Double check all the information with human resources so you know what you made where.