Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dommydom

Why did my vehicle information not transfer from last years TT.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I'll assume you used Online TurboTax last year for your 2019 return.

Are you finding your finished return from 2019 in that account in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" when you choose tax year 2019?  Download the 2019 PDF, and see if it's the complete and correct return as filed.  If the 2019 PDF has an incomplete return, you may have more than 1 account. It's possible you completed and filed your 2019 return in another account. We can tell you how to look for multiple accounts.

Also in that section "Your Tax Returns & Documents",  after you choose tax year 2019, what is showing for the status of the 2019 return?  Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, or what?

dommydom

I did not use the online version. I always get the cd just in case. 

It was the completed return. All the other data transferred (personal info., business assets, home office square footage, 4952 carryover, supporting statement fields, etc.).

This is the second issue I have had with TT this year. 

I have used TT since 1988. I used to prepare income tax returns with TT back in the 90's.

Something is definitely not right. 

dommydom

Here is another glitch. I am entering the depreciation data from last years return for my business vehicle (since TT failed to transfer that data) and I took the SDA last year. Here is what it says to do if the SDA was taken: " Do not include any Section 179 or Special Depreciation Allowance (SDA) here. If your asset qualified for one or both of them in the first year you used it, we will ask you for those amounts next." Well I left it blank and it never asked for the SDA allowance next.

@ dommydom 

Also be sure your desktop software is up to date.  Have you downloaded the program updates lately?

It might also help someone to know if you are using the Windows or Mac version.

I had assumed you were using Online TurboTax since that is the product showing underneath your original question.  Yes, the desktop product is a whole different ballgame.

Maybe one of the TurboTax tax experts will see this thread and respond in regard to your transferred info and depreciation info.  If you don't get responses in this thread, here's how you can speak to someone at TurboTax Support:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

dommydom

Windows version. SW updates every time you open it up as long as you tell it to. I always do. As I said previously I have been using TT since 1988 so i know all the idiosyncrasies. What makes this more complicated is we sold one of the business vehicles so I had to go all the back to 2014 to get the amount on depreciation as part of the sale information. 

Another thing that did not transfer was office in the home for my business. Again I had to go back to 2010 returns to get total depreciation used, value of house, value of land. 

I also had issues with the 1099 W-2 package as there was a conflict on where to send the 1096. I don't know if they ever corrected the error but I used the IRS instruction address

This has been my worst year using TT but thank god I have all my returns in pdf going back to 2003 on my desktop for easy access.

thanks for the contact information. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies