turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

timodruid

Why did my Refund get rejected in Oregon and then the refund went down $1000?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The OR refund change occurred because your Oregon Statewide transit tax entry in box 14 of your W-2 was improperly inflating your OR income deductions on line 5 of the Schedule OR-A.  The software change removed that improper deduction from line 5 of the Sched OR-A and corrected your tax file to be "more correct".

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7127080

Is it perfectly correct now?  well...Maybe...

IF your e-filed Federal tax return used the "Free" version, or used a higher version with a Federal Std Deduction....then all is probably OK now, as long as you (or they) did not make some kind of other error.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

The OR refund change occurred because your Oregon Statewide transit tax entry in box 14 of your W-2 was improperly inflating your OR income deductions on line 5 of the Schedule OR-A.  The software change removed that improper deduction from line 5 of the Sched OR-A and corrected your tax file to be "more correct".

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7127080

Is it perfectly correct now?  well...Maybe...

IF your e-filed Federal tax return used the "Free" version, or used a higher version with a Federal Std Deduction....then all is probably OK now, as long as you (or they) did not make some kind of other error.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies