coryballard62

Why can’t I efile despite being the available date to do so?

Many forms are scheduled to be updated today (1/18/18) but that seems to mean later tonight instead of first thing in the morning.  Try again tomorrow.  Or, you might have a situation that requires forms that won't be ready until later, check  the Review tab.

Since the IRS won't process returns until January 29 (except for a few randomly selected returns taken for early testing) you aren't really losing anything by waiting.

coryballard62

Thank you so much! I was worried I had committed a systematic error of some sort. Thank you for your response!
KiaraE

The IRS will not open for E-Filing until January 29th, 2018. 

The estimated 21-day period to receive a refund is calculated from the date the E-File is successfully submitted to the IRS--and not necessarily from the date it is submitted in TurboTax.