turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gjbabiak

Why can't I e-file my Fed return when I have a 1099-Int with "various" in Box 14 (cusip)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

Why can't I e-file my Fed return when I have a 1099-Int with "various" in Box 14 (cusip)?

Assuming that is the only issue stopping you from e-filing, it is hard to be sure why the program won't accept "Var" or "Various" in Box 14 of 1099-INT.  

The IRS updates its e-file filters and rules every year; what may have worked in the past may not work this year (many posts on this issue). When the IRS updates its e-file filters and rules, TurboTax has to do the same.

Try leaving Box 14 blank - it won't affect your taxes at all (you may have to delete the Form 1099-INT and re-enter it). See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ToddL

Assuming that is the only issue stopping you from e-filing, it is hard to be sure why the program won't accept "Var" or "Various" in Box 14 of 1099-INT.  

The IRS updates its e-file filters and rules every year; what may have worked in the past may not work this year (many posts on this issue). When the IRS updates its e-file filters and rules, TurboTax has to do the same.

Try leaving Box 14 blank - it won't affect your taxes at all (you may have to delete the Form 1099-INT and re-enter it). See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

gjbabiak

Thanks,

I blanked out box 14, the e-file worked, and the IRS accepted the return.

ToddL

That is good to know. Others have asked the same question.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies