gjbabiak

Why can't I e-file my Fed return when I have a 1099-Int with "various" in Box 14 (cusip)?

ToddL

Assuming that is the only issue stopping you from e-filing, it is hard to be sure why the program won't accept "Var" or "Various" in Box 14 of 1099-INT.  

The IRS updates its e-file filters and rules every year; what may have worked in the past may not work this year (many posts on this issue). When the IRS updates its e-file filters and rules, TurboTax has to do the same.

Try leaving Box 14 blank - it won't affect your taxes at all (you may have to delete the Form 1099-INT and re-enter it). See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

ToddL

gjbabiak

Thanks,

I blanked out box 14, the e-file worked, and the IRS accepted the return.

ToddL

That is good to know. Others have asked the same question.