dmz62483

Who do I contact if someone else claimed me on their taxes with out my permission?

macuser_22

It depends on who claimed you and the circumstances.  If you *can* be their dependent then they do not need any permission.

alaflam

Check on the internet, THIS IS IDENTITY THEFT.  You will have to jump through some hoops.

First, go online to the IRS, and get a form to report a fraudulent tax return.

Then you will have to file a police report - you must do this in person at your local police station. They have a form.  After that, you will file your tax return by PAPER.

You will receive acknowledgement from the IRS, and your proper form will be filed.  You will not be able to e-file for the year your tax return was "stolen".