Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

krhbeck

Which turbotax should i use

I was doing real estate at the beginning of the year and want to know which turbo tax I need to use. I did not actually make any money while doing real estate, but I did spend a lot of money on trying to build my business and want to know if those expenses are something I can write off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You should use TurboTax Online Self Employed. You can claim all your business expenses. Turbotax will walk you through every possible expense to claim for your real estate business, including advertising, start up costs, and office expenses. 

For more information about TurboTax Online Self Employed, follow this link: TurboTax On-line Self Employment

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You should use TurboTax Online Self Employed. You can claim all your business expenses. Turbotax will walk you through every possible expense to claim for your real estate business, including advertising, start up costs, and office expenses. 

For more information about TurboTax Online Self Employed, follow this link: TurboTax On-line Self Employment

RaiC
Level 1

The reason that I'm filing so late is that this is my 1st time filling with a business and I'm totally confused. Some of my personal info:

I started a Mary Kay business last year. I didn't make much money and that was used in the business. I'm married, filing separately. We own but I can't claim the house. I have investments.

I've been told to get a disc. It sounds like the Self Employed is a download only. Is it? I didn't see it for sale. I definitely need something that will let me stay for possible days while I figure out my next step. I will check now while I wait for you to respond.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies