Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ryangrzyb

Software is falsely claiming that it is my first time filing with state, therefore requiring a mailed return. I have filed state with TurboTax in previous years. Any fix?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnC2

Software is falsely claiming that it is my first time filing with state, therefore requiring a mailed return. I have filed state with TurboTax in previous years. Any fix?

The issue you're experiencing is based off a previous answer on your return.  While in your return, click on "State" on the left side.  When the page loads, click on "Continue" then click on the "Edit" button for your state.  Click on the "Edit" button in the "Other Situations" section, that will load up the "Other" section.  From here, click on the "Revisit" button for "Connecticut Return Filed".  Update the answer and click Continue to go through the rest and review your state return.  Then you can click on the File tab to submit your E-file.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JohnC2

The issue you're experiencing is based off a previous answer on your return.  While in your return, click on "State" on the left side.  When the page loads, click on "Continue" then click on the "Edit" button for your state.  Click on the "Edit" button in the "Other Situations" section, that will load up the "Other" section.  From here, click on the "Revisit" button for "Connecticut Return Filed".  Update the answer and click Continue to go through the rest and review your state return.  Then you can click on the File tab to submit your E-file.

Heather14

It sounds as if you may have more than one account with TurboTax Online. If you do, you may be in a different account than the one you used to file your tax return.  To find out if you have more than one TurboTax account, sign out of the account that you are currently in and  sign in here: https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/ , enter your email address, and click Continue to get an e-mailed list of all accounts tied to that email.

ryangrzyb

I did have multiple accounts associated with this email as you stated. However, I was using the one that my previous two years of returns was filed through and it is still giving this message. Is it possible to fix this so I can have my state return deposited without starting from the beginning?
JohnC2

Which State are you trying to file?
ryangrzyb

Connecticut
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies