Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Which is better to import from? Actual return or PDF? Importing 2022 H&R Block Deluxe to downloaded 2023 TT Deluxe. to import from. Return or PDF? Fed &OR state for both?

Last yr used H&R Block Deluxe (never again) this year will use TT download Fed & State. Is it better to import from tax return or PDF? & return is password protected. Not sure about PDF. 

Last yr Mac too old to run TT. Now New MacBookAir. 15”
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Which is better to import from? Actual return or PDF? Importing 2022 H&R Block Deluxe to downloaded 2023 TT Deluxe. to import from. Return or PDF? Fed &OR state for both?

It would be best to transfer from the actual tax file.  But I don't know if you can on Mac.  

You can transfer TaxAct and H&R Block pdf to the Mac Desktop CD/Download program

Can I transfer last year's PDF to 2021 TurboTax for Mac?

But be aware transferring from a pdf only transfers basics info like name, address, ssn and AGI.  So you might as well enter everything from scratch.  The FAQ says...

• From a PDF—which will transfer your personal info and your AGI to give you a head start.

Thank you. Sorry for not replying. Juggling several things. So that I think answered that question. 

but haven’t gotten to that yet. 

having trouble getting it up & running so guess I need to look for answers to that. It’s not letting me drag from downloads to applications folder. 

It never would let import. I wasted hours. & then trying to find my way back to communities. I kept ending up in the loop for online or something. 

It shows that it can import from H&R Block at Home PDF. I used the downloaded H&R Block 2022 Deluxe for Mac on my old Mac w Catalina. Would not run TT. Upgraded to new MacBookAir 15” & purchased TT 2022 Deluxe Download. Had trouble dragging it. Finally used a lighter touch & it worked. Was used to old school where it didn’t matter. 

after numerous tries trying to import last years rerun it never worked. Tried re-saving it several times. 1 PDF chopped off right side of page. 

not a happy camper that I have to enter everything. Then it kept giving me an error when I tried to save the little bit that I had started entering w a password. Finally saved without. & then filed for extension. Screen disappeared & as I was looking up AGI & had to start over. But finally got the extension filed. 

not looking forward to having to enter everything from scratch. All these issues have wasted hours of my time. & I was hoping to file on time w out extension. Nope. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies