Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where is the form 8915-f for 2023 filing of 2022 taxes?

We use turbotax for schedule c for multiple single owner businesses. Does taxslayer or hr support these as well as tt?

I just tried the most recent suggestions and it still says it requires me to mail my taxes. After 10 years with Turbotax I think I might have to finally go elsewhere. I already paid 300 dollars also AND bought their business CD. What is going on? Why will this not work?> 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

What issues are you seeing?

To be able to electronically file, there is a workaround concerning checking the box If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020, check here at the screen Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?  

Please see @DataB27's explanation here and also above.

Are you reporting the third year of a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution or something else?

If you are reporting the third year of a Qualified Disaster Distribution, you will report 1/3 of the 2020 distribution.  Follow these steps to the screen Did You Take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution:

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Down the left side of the screen, click on Wages & Income.
  • Click Edit / Add to the right of IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals.
  • At the screen Here's your 1099-R info, click Continue.
  • Continue to the screen Did You Take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution.

If you are reporting the third year of a Qualified Disaster Distribution, you will report 1/3 of the distribution:

• on lines 11 and 13 for retirement plans (other than IRA's) or
  • on lines 22 and 24 for traditional, SEP, SIMPLE and Roth IRA's?

Let us know if this worked for you @JamesG1.

@jwskrs 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did anyone here receive a DDD after filling since we all were rejected? I think we are all going to be under review from the IRS because of this.

Did the fix and got accepted instantly. HOWEVER, I am still waiting for APPROVAL. It's been 12 days accepted and I have never waited this long for approval. Only one person has posted that they were approved and received their refund. I wish there were more posters to assure that we will not be surprised by an IRS delay due to TT's error.

Yes usually by now I'm approved as well but now I'm nervous we're going to all be delayed because of this. 😡

HopeS
Expert Alumni

Since Form 8915-F is approved by the IRS for e-filing, this particular Form should not cause a delay in your refund.

Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Is incomplete
  • Needs further review in general
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit

You can also track your refund by calling the IRS between 7 AM -7 PM EST if your refund is significantly delayed. The telephone is 1800-829-1040.

You can check your refund status using this link:

Check your refund

@Stoney09 

@JGF22 

Once I got the form corrected and refiled my return was accepted within an hour, my refund was processed and deposited in my account exactly 1 week later.

It's not significantly delayed. But it is later than usual because of the glitch TurboTax had for this form which caused a lot of people to be rejected. And then had to correct. So that's why I asked with the rejection are we going to be reviewed and delayed for something not our fault.

Even if you follow the latest instructions, it doesn't seem like you are actually filling out form 8915-F for 2022.  It asks you to confirm the amount in your 2021 Form 8915-F.  But when you come back out to your income page, it still shows 0 (zero) for an amount for 2022 401K/Retirement, etc.  I would have assumed it would at least show the 1/3rd amount for 2022.

I did try to use H&R Block, but when I try to complete the retirement part, it says I need to work with an actual agent and cannot continue electronically on my own.  So I don't know how people are using HR Block.

HopeS
Expert Alumni

When you e-file, it typically takes 24 to 48 hours for the IRS to accept your return. Once your return is accepted, you are on the IRS' refund timetable.

The Form 8915-F should not delay your refund once your efiled return is accepted by the IRS.

See additional information in the link below:

IRS Timetable

@Stoney09 

[Edited 3/27/2023| 3:35PST] @Stoney09

Have never waited this long either to get approved. Shaking my head.

The TT employee can say what they want the rejection affected our timely refund

H&R Block worked just fine. I'm going to use it going forward.

Still no approval, six days till the 21 day mile mark

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies