Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ctl00x
Returning Member

Where is my return? Even signed up for Credit Karma to get my return.

HI!

maybe some others are running into the same problem I am. I filled my return 3 weeks ago. Even created a credit karma account and chose to have my refund deposited into credit karma with the promise that issuing CR Karma would get me my refund up to 10 days earlier. Well that didn't happen.  I did a friend's taxes and also used credit karma.  They got their refund deposited in 8 days. 

Anyone else having this problem with credit karma? Hopefully it's not just me. 

THANKS! 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

@ Ctl00x wrote:

maybe some others are running into the same problem I am. I filled my return 3 weeks ago. Even created a credit karma account and chose to have my refund deposited into credit karma with the promise that issuing CR Karma would get me my refund up to 10 days earlier. Well that didn't happen.  I did a friend's taxes and also used credit karma.  They got their refund deposited in 8 days. 

Anyone else having this problem with credit karma? Hopefully it's not just me. 

THANKS! 

First of all, if you efiled, be sure the efiled return was accepted.  You can check by logging into Online TurboTax and checking at the Tax Home.

If that shows it was accepted, then what is displayed at the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Has the IRS finished processing your return and released (sent) the refund?   If so, what was the expected deposit date? 

I see you used Free Edition.   Did you have any optional add-on fees like PLUS or MAX, or did you have no fees at all?

Ctl00x
Returning Member

Thanks for answering!  I efiled and it has been accepted. I got an email right away congratulating me on it being accepted.  As for the irs  "where is my refund' that's a whole other story.  Tried a few times. I keep getting  a "try again later" error. 

Ctl00x
Returning Member

Also, I had no fees at all so used the free version.  I don't know much about the add ons. My taxes are very simple.  If you use the deluxe or other version.  What is it that you like about them.  

@Ctl00x wrote:

Thanks for answering!  I efiled and it has been accepted. I got an email right away congratulating me on it being accepted.  As for the irs  "where is my refund' that's a whole other story.  Tried a few times. I keep getting  a "try again later" error. 

The only reason I had asked you if you had any fees is because folks who choose to pay their fees out of their Federal refund have another hurdle to get over when looking for a not-received refund.    Since I now know you had no fees at all, then you are not in that situation, so it doesn't apply to you.

Here are some tips when using the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool:

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

• Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies