Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where does turbo tax show my state estimated taxes for next year 2018?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

If you want to add, edit, or delete state estimated taxes for next year, the section is located in the state area of the program. Please review the following instructions for more information:

1. If you are using TurboTax Online, sign in to appropriate TurboTax account and select Take me to my return.
  2. On the left panel, select State.
  3. On the Let's get your state taxes done right screen, select Continue.
  4. On the Status of your state returns screen, select Start/Edit/Continue on the appropriate State.
  5. Answer questions and select Continue to the Estimated Taxes for 2018? or Do You Want to Pay State Estimated Taxes for 2018? screen and select Yes. The specific screens will vary depending on the state. See attached screenshot for example.

I repeat------Where does turbo tax show my estimated taxes for next year.  I went to this screen and followed all the screens (correctly I assume) and it even asked me if I wanted to round up the amount.  Then it wont show me what I will be paying quarterly.  Where does it show what I will be paying quarterly on estimated state taxes????

Depending on the state, there may be a "Payment Vouchers" screen at the end of the section that shows amounts prepared. You won’t be able to download/print the actual vouchers until you pay for the software. However, you should be able to determine if they exist by using the delete a form function (but don't actually delete forms) and looking for state related forms ES1 – ES4: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894474-how-do-i-delete-forms-in-turbotax-online">https://ttlc.int...>.

Thank you for your comment and I appreciate you trying to help.There is no Payment Vouchers screen.  I don't need the vouchers- I just want to see the stupid amount without this convoluted "delete a form but not actually delete a form" business. They showed me the amount for my Federal vouchers but said I owed no estimated tax due for 2018.  Does that mean they are not going to do estimated taxes?  Or I just didnt owe anything yet this year?  It's very confusing and I may not use Turbo Tax again.

What I meant by using the delete a form function is you can see the forms included in your tax return(s) before paying for the software but I didn't want you to accidentally delete forms. Thus, if you do not see state related forms ES1 - ES4, then TurboTax did not calculate state estimated taxes based on your entries. Similarly, if you don't see a Payment Vouchers screen (see attached screenshot), TurboTax did not calculate estimated taxes based on your entries. This seems reasonable based on what you stated about federal estimated taxes.

Thanks! It worked!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies