turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kianaenri

Where does it show what I am getting back for dependent credit? It only shows what I owe to state and federal. What is coming back to me??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
Irene2805
Expert Alumni

Where does it show what I am getting back for dependent credit? It only shows what I owe to state and federal. What is coming back to me??

The child tax credit or credit for other dependents is shown on line 19 of the 1040.  The credits are subtracted from the amount of tax you owe.

If you owe tax due for federal and state you are not receiving a tax refund.   Your child-related credits are being applied to the tax you owe.   Look at your tax returns.   If you are getting a federal refund you will see it on line 34 of your Form 1040.   If you owe money to the IRS it is on line 37.   There will not be amounts on both of those lines---only on one of them.

PREVIEW 1040

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies