Where do I submit my form 8396?

Where do I submit my form 8396?

Where do I submit my form 8396?

Please follow the below instructions to have your Form 8396 populated.

If you have already started or are in your return,

1. Select the “Federal Taxes” tab
  2. Select the “Deductions & Credits” tab, then select “I’ll choose what I work on
  3. Scroll down to the “Your Home” section, then select Start or Update - Mortgage Interest Credit Certificate
  4. Answer “Yes” to “Do You Have a Mortgage Credit Certificate” and select “Continue
  5. Continue adding the information requested on the following screens from the certificate(s) you have and select Continue when finished with each. For the mortgage interest field, only enter mortgage interest that was for the loan covered by your certificate (do not use interest from other loans).
  6. If you have more than one certificate, select “Done” when you have finished entering all of them, then press Continue.
  7. On the “Qualified Main Home Address, enter the address of the home that you received the Mortgage Credit Certificate for, and select Continue