turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I input the dba on a 1099-MISC? I am using the online quick employer forms

I am using the Online TurboTax Quick Employer Forms.  I am trying to input information into a 1099MISC for a person who uses a dba.  I looked up online and it says to put the dba under the person's name, but there is not a spot that I see to do this on the Turbo Tax Online form.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DianeW
Expert Alumni

Where do I input the dba on a 1099-MISC? I am using the online quick employer forms

If you are using the person's social security number then you should use their name versus their dba.  

If you are using an employer identification number (EIN), then you should use the name that is associated with the EIN.  This could be the name of the contractor or it could be the dba depending on what is on the IRS record.  You should check with the person/company to be sure.

The IRS specifically matches numbers against names associated with them.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DianeW
Expert Alumni

If you are using the person's social security number then you should use their name versus their dba.  

If you are using an employer identification number (EIN), then you should use the name that is associated with the EIN.  This could be the name of the contractor or it could be the dba depending on what is on the IRS record.  You should check with the person/company to be sure.

The IRS specifically matches numbers against names associated with them.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies