i have tried all that is listed in your help, which states to enter under other income, however it will not allow me to enter any of the other amounts in the other boxes and no where have i found were to enter box 7, of which i have a code 6 as i did a 1031 exchange.
Please follow the steps below to enter your 1099-R.
1) Click the Federal Taxes tab and then click Income.
2) Click the Start (or Update) button to the right of "Other income or loss".
3) On the Other Income page, enter "1099-R Box 2a" as the description (see first screenshot).
4) Enter the amount treated as ordinary income in Box 2a under "Amount" and click the Continue button.
5) Go into Forms Mode (click the icon in the upper right side of screen).
6) Under Forms in My Return (upper left side of screen), look for Form 1041 and click that form.
7) Ensure that the Box 2a amount appears on Form 1041, Line 8, Other income.
Thank you for contacting TurboTax. I hope this helps. Have a great day!
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"